Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Randomness in winter.

I'm going to keep my words short and sweet in this post.  Really it's because there isn't much to talk about.  The winter routine that I told you about last time, well, that's pretty much it plus a trip to the pool and some driving lessons for Evelyn. Here is a peak at us mixing it up while waiting for spring...

Bath Time

Graduation from the sink to the tub was highly anticipated. The kid loves water!







































We have an extensive collection of rubber duckies and Evelyn is not satisfied until she has gathered and and everyone of them and tasted them all. Those 20 or so duckies live among the bottom of my bathtub, and they greet me each morning as I stumble into the shower tripping over their slippery yellow bodies.

Scrub-a-dub-dub, Baby... scrub-a-dub-dub.


Driving Lessons

Really. Who out there doesn't have a photo of their child pretending to drive the car?


Swimming

Last Summer we took Evie to the pool at our complex several times and she really seemed to like it. So we headed over to the local pool last Sunday and now she just loves it. Paddling her feet. Flirting with the lifeguards. Splashing her hands against the water.

After all, it's just a big bathtub.

Without the duckies of course.



 
Playtime and Daddy-time

Nothing beats downtime at home. Playing with toys on a quilt in the middle of the living room. It's comforting, safe, and warm.

And spending some much needed time with Daddy. It's comforting as well... to know that her Daddy adores her as much as I do. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to love her as much as I do. But he so does.


I asked you all a few weeks back how you beat cabin fever.

Ashley says:

Usually Jameson and I like to stay in when it's cold. After all, we were born and bred in sunny California but now we brave the New Jersey frozen tundra! On this snowy day I left work early and headed straight to his school to pick him up. We decided today was the perfect day to play outside in the snow. So while the rest of New Jersey was closing down, my 3 year old and I bundled up and headed on out. He made his first little snow angel while the snowflakes landed on his face and he couldn't have been more proud. He didn't care that he had snow flakes up his nose or that his hands were wet and cold. He was having fun with his mom, spending rare quality time together making memories, and that was all that mattered. Thank heaven for snow days.


Lisa and her family:

We've spent some time indoors trying to get organized.  We have a strict rule around here that all babies are stored in the left bin only.


Thank you for your submissions!  And don't forget about the black and white photo assignment. I've extended the deadline for those submissions until this Friday, January 28th.

The forecast says snow and that means we'll be getting super creative with our time. I'm sure there will be lots more winter randomness in the coming days. I refuse to let cold weather and cooped conditions get the best of me.

Stay warm everyone, we've still got a ways to go!

 

5 comments:

Kari said...

Where did u get her adorable bathing suit?

Kelly Anderson said...

Gymboree!! They have a whole strawberry line out right now. It's super cute! Give it a few weeks and it'll be on sale. I had Gymbucks to use up so we splurged!

Tammy said...

The swimming pictures are adorable!! And the pictures of Jameson!

ashleylu said...

Thank you so much for choosing my photo, you made my day! I got a ton of great shots that day, it was so bright and beautiful outside. Such a great day for Jameson and I =)

Swimming pictures are super cute! I can't wait for summer. Sigh.

Ashley

Toyin O. said...

Too cute:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...