Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A New Look, A Whole New Blog

A little over a year ago when I started this blog, I had to best of intentions to turn it into something that my daughter could look back on and see all the fun adventures we had as a family. It was also a way for me to utilize my two favorite hobbies of writing and photography and be productive. While I loved blogging and took a lot of pride in each and every post I made and each and every photograph I inserted, it became a burden rather than something I enjoyed doing.

If I skipped a few days of posting I would get a phone call, email, or text message asking when I'd be posting again and if I happened to post something that someone didn't agree with or was offended by, I'd have to hear about that as well. So eventually, the pressure became to great to entertain other people and I gave up. And essentially, I gave up on what I started out to do in the first place.

Well, after giving it some thought, I've decided to go at it again. But I'm taking a different approach. My approach. What's best for me because this is my blog. This is a way for me to remember the details of my life with my family and if I can inspire or entertain others along the way, then that's wonderful, if not, that's okay too. I want my children to be able to look back on the photos and writings and know exactly who we were as a family, good and bad. And most of all, I want them to see how much I adored and loved them. I will post when I can and if I don't, it's probably because life got too hard for a bit. It does that often. If you are offended or unhappy with my blog, I beg that you just don't read it. I'm not in the business to offend anyone, but I'm also not in the business to lie about the way I feel or how my life really is.

So, with that said… welcome to the The Wife of the Traveling Salesman.

1 comment:

cALyPsO said...

Hey... just wanted to take a minute and say.. CONGRATS!!
And... gosh it must be SOO hard for you. I can relate ..somewhat.. Just from another mom to you.. things change.. it's inevitable. Soon you'll be writing a post about how much you love your life and no one has to work because everything was taken care in a miraculous way.. until then.. be encouraged, sister. It gets better....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...